Discover natural, historical, and cultural wonders in mid-Door County (south of Egg Harbor across to Jacksonport and south to the Sturgeon Bay Ship Canal) for a day of exploration and fun with friends and family! Search for treasures with your team using your Door County Treasure Hunt II clue booklet. At the end of the day, join other treasure hunters at the Sturgeon Bay Fairgrounds for an evening of fun, food, drink, and prizes.
All proceeds benefit Write On, Door County programs inspiring writing and reading. writeondoorcounty.org.
Prizes of $1,000, $500, and $250 will be awarded to teams with the most points. This is an untimed race – take your time traveling and exploring the beauty of Door County.
- Teams consist of SIX or fewer people all in one car. All ages are welcome.
- Your team needs a team name and the name of a team captain to register. You can put your team together up to the day of the hunt.
- Between 9-10 am on September 29 meet with your team’s participants at the Junior Fairground Building, 812 N. 14th Avenue, Sturgeon Bay. All members must be present to sign a risk waver form. Coffee and donuts will be served and clue booklets given out. Volunteers will be on hand to answer questions and to acquaint everyone with the treasure hunt app you will use to send in answers to the clues. The app will be activated at 10 am when the hunt begins.
- This year’s treasure hunt will focus on the mid-section of Door County. The northern border for the hunt runs from Plum Bottom Road south of Egg Harbor across the peninsula to Jacksonport, and the southern border is the Sturgeon Bay Shipping Canal. Answers must be within those borders to be counted.
- Clues include a variety of puzzles, riddles, I Spy searches, scavenger hunts, team challenges, and geocache elements. Some clues will involve traveling to a specific place while others allow you to select a favorite location. Correct answers are awarded a set number of points for each clue.
- Before you start, read through all the clues and plan the best route using the map provided in your Treasure Hunt packet. Choose the challenges you feel you can best complete.
- Each team must have a smart phone to research some of the answers, take photos/videos, and send in answers on the app. You are allowed to Google for background information.
- 3 pm Your answers must be turned in via app by 3 pm. Answers received after that will not be counted.
- 4 – 7 pm Party at the Jr. Fairgrounds Building with snacks, light dinner, beer, wine and soda. Team photos and videos will be projected to tell the story of the day.
- Prizes will be presented at 6 pm. You must be present to win. In case of a tie for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place, there will be a short trivia contest to determine the winners.
- Please note: If your team wishes to complete the clues related to Wisconsin State Parks and your car does not already have a Wisconsin State Park pass, your team will need to purchase a state park day pass at the park office ($8/car with WI plates, $11/car with out of state plates).
May 1 – July 15: $200/Team of up to 6 people
July 16-September 28 $250/Team of up to 6 people
Morning of September 29: $275/Team of up to 6 people